SBHIS Insurance Services is an insurance agency dedicated exclusively to helping Medicare beneficiaries find the plan that best suits their needs, all of our services are free of charge. Our company’s mission is simple, we believe in “Making Medicare Easier” and everything we do revolves around this. Our company’s core values require that we treat everyone with care and integrity. Our values support a culture that is innovative, diverse and quickly adapts to change.
The Payroll Specialist Maintains and supports the payroll processes. Pays employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data in a timely manner, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data.
- Prepares manual checks as necessary.
- Oversees maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications.
- Posts journal entries and prepares month-end reports.
- Reconciles all payroll-related accounts and activities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with preparation of 1099’s, independent agent garnishments, and/or any related matters.
- Workers Compensation processing payments, audits, and any related matters
- EEOC – U.S. Equal Employments Opportunity Commission Reports
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on ADP Workforce now preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Job Type: Full-time