HR Generalist – CA
SBHIS Insurance Services is an insurance agency dedicated exclusively to helping Medicare beneficiaries find the plan that best suits their needs, all of our services are free of charge. Our company’s mission is simple, we believe in “Making Medicare Easier,” and everything we do revolves around this. Our company’s core values require that we treat everyone with care and integrity. Our values support a culture that is innovative, diverse, and quickly adapts to change.
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates Human resources activities including but not limited to employment and employee relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Recruits and interviews candidates; provides management with hiring recommendations.
- Coordinates hiring process, including but not limited to conducting background and reference checks, negotiating salary offers, and issuing job confirmation letters and other internal communication.
- Coordinates and/or conducts employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Coordinates programs to attract qualified candidates through the design and placement of position announcements, advertising, and/or participation in job fairs.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees; communicates findings to management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the organization’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution.
- Coordinates distribution/communication of projects including but not limited to Employee Policy handbook, 401(k) open enrollment, and employee recognition.
- Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations.
- Coordinates administration of workers’ compensation and unemployment claims.
- Assists in administration of company compensation and benefits programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on ADP workforce preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills a plus (English/Spanish)