Compliance Associate – CA
SBHIS Insurance Services is an insurance agency dedicated exclusively to helping Medicare beneficiaries find the plan that best suits their needs, all our services are free of charge. Our company’s mission is simple, we believe in “Making Medicare Easier,” and everything we do revolves around this. Our company’s core values require that we treat everyone with care and integrity. Our values support a culture that is innovative, diverse and quickly adapts to change.
The Compliance Associate role is to work closely with the Compliance officer to oversee and review all CMS issues throughout the organization. This includes providing objective assessments of the agency’s compliance to legislation governing the organization’s information systems and industry-specific regulations. The Compliance Associate will work with the Compliance Officer to development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the organization’s practices remain observant to all pertinent local, state, county, and federal laws and coordinate and monitor legal compliance activities throughout the agency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The Compliance Associate position is responsible for assisting in the development, planning, and monitoring of all compliance-related functions.
- Assist with training new employees on compliance procedures and answer questions regarding policies.
- Assist in investigations surrounding alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct.
- Discipline and/or re-train employees in the event of compliance guideline violations.
- Assist with preparation and response to external audits.
- Supports department initiatives to aid in the assessment and remediation of any Corporate Compliance issues
- Helps evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal and operational controls designed to ensure that processes and practices lead to appropriate execution of regulatory requirements and guidelines related to corporate integrity and compliance
- Minimizes organizational liabilities through the detection and communication of opportunities related to governmental rules and regulations
- Effectively communicates compliance concerns to Compliance Team leadership and works under supervision to provide timely notification to business unit management of statutory, regulatory or policy changes
- Assist with development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and preparation of compliance related materials, including presentations and agendas.
- Support compliance communication efforts, such as newsletters and announcements
- Carry out special projects related to compliance and privacy
- Work collaboratively with other departments
Education & Experience:
- 1+ years prior experience with health care compliance, including allegations, fraud, waste and abuse and Privacy
- Strong reading, written, communication, and research skills
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance preferred upon hire or willingness to obtain within one year of employment.
- Health Insurance License preferred upon hire or willingness to obtain within six months of employment.
- Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and considerate manner. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally. Ability to work in a team environment while also delivering independent results
- Demonstrated ability to work under competing deadlines and adjust responsibilities in response to recalibrated business needs
- Ability to be flexible and scale with our extremely fast-paced, thriving startup environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $24 – $30/hr DOE