Commission Specialist – Chula Vista, CA
SBHIS is an insurance agency that specializes in helping people with Medicare find the plan that best suits their needs. We believe that having the right plan to go along with Medicare may be one of the most important decisions a Medicare eligible individual has to make. We apply our mission in all we do and that is “to care, simply, educate and provide options for Medicare Beneficiaries.”
The Commission Specialist will have an active role in processing monthly carrier commission statements, data entry, commission analysis, budgeting and creating detailed financial statements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately record and balance all incoming commission statements using work relevant accounting tools, software, and applications provided by the Agency.
- Create and update daily commission statements including but not limited too; regular, age in, renewal and charge back commissions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining reports and financial models as needed.
- Ensure all commission based transactions of the Agency are performed in compliance with all contractual terms within the Agency policies.
- Maintain precise accounts of debts and credits made payable as commissions, interest or bonuses and transcribing into corresponding statements
- Provide customer service to the Agency sales force as well as adequately resolve any commission related inquires via telephone or email.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethic codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Provides timely feedback to Financial Analyst Manager regarding performance and reviews.
- Assumes other responsibilities as required or requested by upper level management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable in the field of accountancy, finance, and mathematics.
- Proficiency in utilizing daily applications, i.e. Microsoft Office excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizing, detail oriented, implementing and time management skills.
- Strong conversational, listening and mathematical skills i.e. fractions, percentage, rations and proportions.
- Proficient oral, writing, and data analysis skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in compliance with all company, state, and federal policies, laws, and regulations.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- GED or High School Diploma. BA Preferred.
- Experience in accounting, Finance and the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and reliable team member.
Compensation package includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday pay
Please Upload Your Resume
SORRY THIS POSITION IS CLOSED