Accounting Clerk – CA
SBHIS is an insurance agency that specializes in helping people with Medicare find the plan that best suits their needs. We believe that having the right plan to go along with Medicare may be one of the most important decisions a Medicare eligible individual has to make. We apply our mission in all we do and that is “to care, simplify, educate and provide options for Medicare Beneficiaries.”
Accounting Clerk will have a positive and professional attitude and be able to work with minimal supervision. Candidate must take initiative, accept responsibility, and be flexible/ adaptive to a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a hard-working, motivated, goal oriented individual with administrative experience.
SUMMARY: Provides accounting and clerical assistance to accounting department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains accounting department files and records.
- Enters information into accounting data entry system.
- Verifies and prepares checks for mailing.
- Researches problem invoices; interfaces with vendors, customer service team, and other appropriate staff to reconcile.
- Prepares and posts deposits; balances deposits on bank statements.
- Prepares invoices, checks and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Logs, posts, and balances petty cash.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls.
- Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and mailing.
- Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School or equivalent combination of one year of clerical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- QuickBooks (Preferred)
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.